Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15s-fr1004TU
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently upgraded to windows 11 and every time I restart it performs a BIOS update. I already had the latest BIOS for my Laptop but it still updates it every time I restart. I didn't have this problem on Windows 10. I tried reverting back to windows 10 and installing windows 11 again but it still had the same problem. I tried clean installing windows 10 with a USB Flash Drive and installing windows 11 with windows 11 installation assistant but it still had the same problem. I am currently on windows 11 and previously when I installed windows 11 it had some graphic driver issues and the screen randomly went black or started to flicker. I don't have the graphic driver issue anymore but the BIOS thing..... its terrible. I have to wait for 10-15 minutes everytime I restart. Help me if anyone knows how to fix it. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Ashish_1231 

I don't know what is causing the constant BIOS updating.

Prerequisite - BIOS / Version Check

The BIOS support page for your system:

HP Notebook 15s-fr1004tu -- HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) 

At this writing,

Windows 11 BIOS version = F.21 Rev.A

Release Date = Aug 11, 2021

Microsoft Windows 11 version 21H2 (64-bit)

Assuming the BIOS is actually the correct one for your OS / version

and

The BIOS is fully installed at some point after you fight with it,

You might be able to clear the constant "update" cycle by cold starting the computer.

If you have not done so,

Try / Consider

“Press and Pray” 

Forced Restart / Boot

IF a BIOS update is just stuck / stubborn / frozen-in-place half way through the update / boot process,

OR

If there are boot issues that prevent a complete or clean boot of the Operating System,

IF there is not actually anything wrong with the windows installation or the File System,

Then

The following procedure might resolve the issue.

1. Unplug everything, including power and all other externally connected components
  2. Press and hold down the power button for thirty (30) to forty (40) seconds
  3. Release the power button
  4. Plug in only basic components needed to start / boot the computer

• Desktop:  Connect Power, wired mouse and keyboard, HDMI to monitor (and monitor is powered on).  Make sure Power is properly connected and all the way plugged in on both wall and machine.
  • Notebook:  Connect AC Power.  Make sure Power properly connected and is all the way plugged in on both wall and machine.

1. Switch on the system with power button - Click power and release (as for normal boot)

Hoped for Results:

• System switches on, monitor active, mouse and keyboard responsive

If the issue was a "stuck" BIOS update:

• Screen shows the BIOS update window with choices:  cancel / update
  • Wait several seconds; stare at it and contemplate actions.  (The process will continue on its own after about 10-20 seconds)
  • BIOS update continues, completes, and reboots the system

When the system reboots,

1. Log in
  2. Connect LAN (Ethernet)
  3. Connect other components (USB, external webcam, speakers...)
  4. General housekeeping (checks, more staring at it)

===========================================================================

HP Device Support Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP Notebook 15s-fr1004tu 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.