Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I'm not that that big Ubuntu expert (although I use Ubuntu and Linux) but will try to help you with what I know. I know more about Windows, though

What do you mean Bluetooth is not possible ?  Do you have a Bluetooth icon in your sys tray as shown here >> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bluetooth

Could you open Terminal and paste/run this command:

sudo rfkill list

Later, run inxi -Fxz from the Terminal and let me know the output

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Also, please run

dmesg | grep -i blue
and
sudo lsusb |grep Bluetooth

Provide the output

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

HI @IT_WinSec ,

By bluetooth not being possible , I mean that when I click on the switch in settings, it still says bluetooth is disabled.

He first command sudoku rfkill list gives output as

soft blocked: yes

Hard blocked: no

He second command however is said to be not found!

HP Recommended

Hi@CLINT_FLICK ,

thanks I'll try your method.

HP Recommended

@JayantB: As you can see from the part name, Wifi and Bluetooth shares the same hardware (wlan module) and thus no drivers as of now. I believe, there is a possibility to try Ndiswrapper to use Windows 7/8.1 drivers to get Wireless-BlueTooth module to work. But, I haven't read anyone successful with Ndiswrapper (Windows driver) with this RTL8723DE card yet. If you need connectivity, the temperory solution is to get a cheap wireless usb card for Rs 200 or even lesser. (Make sure the card is supported by Linux kernel)

HP Recommended

@JayantB

That's usually the BEST place to ask because folks there generally have been able to find such drivers.

But ... additional replies to you post indicate that such drivers do not exist, so you COULD ask, but it's likely to not produce any useful results.

It can take quite a while for the Linux community to produce working drivers for new hardware.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.