Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 db0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, there, i just purchased a brand new laptop hp 15 db0xxx. After installing every windows update except the 8013 (cause everyone says it got issues) My laptop is slow. Really slow especially while playing games like tetris on the internet. I mean come one this cant be happening. I feel like i bought a laptop from the 90s. I tried everything ( tricks to make your laptop faster) and i didnt see any improvement. Can you guys help me???

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Can you check and narrow down the cause, open your task manager and check under performace and see if your tapping out your CPU or RAM [memory] or possibly both. I have noticed on a lot of my customers laptops that run W10 the CPU tends to pound a minimum of %85 or more with little to no usage. Check that and maybe it can help us narrow down where the resources are being delegated. 

HP Recommended

I have the same model and looked to task manager and the disk I/O is pegged to 100%. It doesn't seem to be a specific task - even when no task is at above 0.1MB/s the I/O is baselining at around 25%

HP Recommended

Were you able to solve the problem then?

HP Recommended

were you able to get the issue resolved?

HP Recommended

Yes, it is a driver issue. The driver I had was several out of date, and came with the laptop originally. It’s the driver for the hard disk, it had a problem with windows 8 and above when a patch came out.

HP Recommended

I am using windows 10 home edition. I tried upgrading but it didn't work. I will try doing a fresh installation of windows 10 and see if it will help.

HP Recommended

I just reinstalled windows 10 home edition and the problem still persists. I have also installed the BIOS Update, a firmware for the harddisk and a few other drivers from the HP support website......any other ideas please. I would appreciate it if someone from HP also takes a shot a it

HP Recommended

What did you do to fix it, you had to buy a new driver? Please let me know? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.