Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: AB 521 TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, Microsoft PC health checker says my system won't support windows 11 but i can see 

i have 

8 gb ram

1000 gb HD

i have TPM

1080p resolution

where my system is lacking?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@singhsaurav27 

Is it an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab521tx

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c04960352

Firstly Windows 11 requires a machine with Intel Gen 8 up. Your machine only has Intel Gen 6 Processor

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@singhsaurav27 

Is it an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab521tx

Its specs

https://support.hp.com/za-en/document/c04960352

Firstly Windows 11 requires a machine with Intel Gen 8 up. Your machine only has Intel Gen 6 Processor

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi, @singhsaurav27 

I found this document regarding hard and soft floor system requirements, so we are just going to have to wait and see what happens when we actually try to upgrade older PC's to W11...

Compatibility for Windows 11- Compatibility Cookbook | Microsoft Docs

According to the above document, you may be able to upgrade to W11 as long as your PC meets the hard floor requirements.

PS:  I noticed that Microsoft edited the above article and removed this information that it used to contain.

Hard Floor:

• CPU: Core >= 2 and Speed >= 1 GHz
  • System Memory: TotalPhysicalRam >= 4 GB
  • Storage: 64 GB
  • Security: TPM Version >= 1.2 and SecureBootCapable = True
  • Smode: Smode is false, or Smode is true and C_ossku in (0x65, 0x64, 0x63, 0x6D, 0x6F, 0x73, 0x74, 0x71)

Soft Floor:

• Security: TPMVersion >= 2.0
  • CPU Generation
HP Recommended

May you confirm that the basic requirements are becoming more strict? TPM from 1.2 to 2.0?

If so, the ones that will actually be might be even worse.

HP Recommended

Hi, @aerostrato 

Yes, as of now the only soft floor requirement left is the processor generation, but PC's won't pass the Microsoft eligibility program unless they have the required 8th gen Intel processors, and everything else that is specified.

They are still undecided on a Hard floor for that.

The TPM Hard floor has been changed from 1.2 to 2.0.

I think this is going to change back and forth over the next several months.

We are just going to have to wait and see...

I have zipped up and attached a free utility that will check your PC and tell you everything that will pass or fail.

The processor will give a yellow warning (undecided).

When you go to run the program it will say it is not safe.

It is perfectly safe, and you can click on the more info and select Run anyway.

Here is a sceenshot of the report generated for my PC...

You can check for updates to the attached utility as it is being constantly updated.

Yesterday when I ran the report, it had the TPM 1.2 as yellow and the processor.  Now it is red for the TPM.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1624813960149.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.