Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14s-CR1XXX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi.

When will be the new Win 10 feature update 2004 available?

Thanks,

Vinay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@vinay_l 

The Win10 v2004 update is generally available NOW -- if you use the Media Creation Tool from MS to download it.

But -- that image that @banhien posted means that your particular PC has been BLOCKED by Windows Update due to its being affected by one or more of the outstanding issues.  MS is only now starting to work on these issues, and as usual, is unwilling to provide any schedule to the public.  Here is the list of issues:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

So basically, no one knows when ANY of these issues will be cleared up.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@vinay_l 

Microsoft will tell you. It is still working on few problems. I've got a list of problems (10 or so) and following message, Click Learn more you can see the list.

2004 udt.png

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Pretty fast reply @Benhein - thank you. 🙂 I have updated my firmware (BIOS) and Intel HD Graphics drivers. Is there anything I need to be prepared with, when 2004 starts rolling out? Also any expected date for the feature update?

HP Recommended

@vinay_l 

The Win10 v2004 update is generally available NOW -- if you use the Media Creation Tool from MS to download it.

But -- that image that @banhien posted means that your particular PC has been BLOCKED by Windows Update due to its being affected by one or more of the outstanding issues.  MS is only now starting to work on these issues, and as usual, is unwilling to provide any schedule to the public.  Here is the list of issues:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

So basically, no one knows when ANY of these issues will be cleared up.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for the Info. After my last bleeding edge update, I think I am willing to wait until they THINK it's ready 😉

HP Recommended

thank you for the update!

Fact Buddies 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.