Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
2000 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I booted my PC with a fresh installation of Windows 10 and updated it to the latest version of Windows. But, there are so many issues. My brightness controls aren't working, and the major problem is that my PC auto restarts within the first minute of starting my computer. The restart happens instantly, meaning that, it force shuts down and restarts again. Tried taking every possible measure, I reinstalled the windows, updated my drivers, installed Driver Booster 7 to check for my additional updates, unchecked the automatic restart option in the advanced system properties tab, used command "powercfg -h off" in cmd and so many other things. Please help me fix this issue, I am starting to go mad already.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Astrizaar 

If by the "latest version of Windows" you mean Win10 v20.04, that was probably a bad idea -- as MS has lots of issues they are still working, with no projected repair date, on this version.  Details are in this MS post:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

IF you can, you should try to rollback your PC to Win10 v19.09 as that is stable and then you can wait until these issues are finally resolved, some months down the road.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.