Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15g-dr0xxx

Hello there,

I am Lakhwan using HP Laptop since Jan 26 2019. As I have seen that Windows 10 uses much ram then expected, I want to downgrade to Windows 8.1/7 but, I am afraid if I can retrieve back the changes if I want to.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum.  I cannot help you with the costs or where/how to get support.

I would imagine that increasing the memory would help performance.

You would have to either upgrade the memory yourself, or take it to a shop to have the work done.

The service manual that is linked to your notebook's support page is for a different model series, so I don't even know how much memory you can install, or how to take that specific model apart.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15g-dr0000-laptop-pc/20395833/manuals

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

And I just saw that there is no option to downgrade my windows 10, I opened Settings>Update & Security>Recovery.

There is no option to downgrade, I need help please.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is only supported by HP for W10.

There won't be any drivers for W8.1 or W7, not even from the individual hardware component manufacturers, so you would be wasting your time with a project like that.

HP Recommended

Alright then,

Will my PC perform better if I will increase my ram to 8GB?

Because my ram usage is much I mean it's always near 70%

How much It will costs? How can I get support regarding this?

Hoping for a quick reply!

HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer to peer forum.  I cannot help you with the costs or where/how to get support.

I would imagine that increasing the memory would help performance.

You would have to either upgrade the memory yourself, or take it to a shop to have the work done.

The service manual that is linked to your notebook's support page is for a different model series, so I don't even know how much memory you can install, or how to take that specific model apart.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-15g-dr0000-laptop-pc/20395833/manuals

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.