Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 R006TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I reset my pc but i face window installation issue and show the error-> the Computer Restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart the computer and then restart the installation". Doing this only keeps repeating the error message and the window installtion stop at 64% so please help me to install the window succesfully.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
It happened with me too and I have something interesting to tell you.
This happened with me too I tried to fix this for 2 days but nothing helped me, so I decided to give last chance otherwise download and install windows using my USB. As a last chance I left my pc powered on overnight and miracle I saw my notebook is working fine at morning (setup process moved to next step) i don't know how any why it happened but it worked for me. I know this may not be your solution but i have a trick to fix this 🙂
Shut down your notebook and press f11 repeatedly as soon as you press power button
From the list of options select advanced >> select automatic repair and follow on screen instructions.
If it doesn't help:
From the list of options select refresh your pc option
I hope this may help
If you face any problem during this i suggest you to try reset your pc option instead (everything will be erased from your hard drive)

There is another way to fix this problem
You can download Windows 10 from Microsoft and install windows 10 using USB or DVD.(only data in c drive is lost).
HP Recommended
I install the window 7 ultimate 64 bit so my problem is solved.
HP Recommended
Ok, it's your choice.
But I prefer using Windows 10 since it is more secure and having more features than Windows 7 🙂
HP Recommended
Window 7 is legend and much better from window 10.
HP Recommended

Ok, download and install it. No problem 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.