Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi 

I use hp zbook studio 16 inch g9

Window 11 require me to update this driver again and again. It's happened for over 6 months. 

Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4

We bought one of expensive laptop of HP, and We're not happy with this issue and how HP response on it. (another thread, no yet fix)

Please fix it HP

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

This is a peer-to-peer forum.

We do not work for or represent HP.

Also, the driver update you are getting from Windows update is not from HP. 

It was pushed to the Windows update site from Intel, not HP.

You can prevent the update from showing up again and again by running the Microsoft Hide Windows update utility that I zipped up and attached below.

Download, unzip and run the utility.

It should find the Intel Corporation - SoftwareComponent - 2.1123.706.4 that continues to show up in Windows update.

Check the box to hide the update.

The utility will run and report that the problem is 'Fixed.'

Close out of the utility, restart the PC and the update should no longer appear.

If it is still there, try to install it and it should disappear.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.