Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp Spectre x360 15-ch010tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 1903 update blocked by pending installation.

HP Inc. HIDClass 7/29/2019 12:00:00 AM - 2.1.11.1
"We can't instll updates because other updates are in progress. Restarting you computer may help, and we'll keep trying to update"

Using HP Support Assistant to find pending updates shows:

Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver

Attempt to download and install

Then shows: "No longer applicable"

Downloading manually and installing Intel Graphics Driver and the HID (Intel Integrated Sensor Solution Driver (Windows 10 v1809) - sp95402) driver has not removed the blocked udpate

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@ozbob Welcome to HP Community!

To work around this problem, remove all external media, such as USB devices, SD cards, and UFS cards, from your computer. Then, restart installation of the Windows 10, version 1903 feature update. The update should now proceed normally.

If you are using installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file) to install Windows 10, copy the files on the installation media to your local drive, and then start the installation from the local drive.

If the issue persists, please check the below steps:

1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2. Type services.msc and press Enter.

3. Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.

4. In Service status: Select "STOP" click on apply, restart the computer, come back to the same screen and change it back to "Start", also ensure the startup type is set to Automatic (not delayed start).

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No your suggestion of stopping/restarting the update service was not helpful. BTW It's quicker to run: "sc stop wuauserv" then "sc start wuauserv" from elevated command prompt.

I suggest the following becomes your teams answer. It is made up of my research and answers already on the Community  forum (which I'm surprised you didn't use or have in a central HP employee knowledge base talk to JEET_SINGH).

1. run windows update repair, restart and check if the Windows Update errors is still present

2. install latest HP HID drivers, restart and check if the Windows Update errors is still present

3. install latest Intel Display drivers, restart and check if the Windows Update errors is still present

4. install latest Windows drivers, restart and check if the Windows Update errors is still present

5. If the windows update error has gone, then continue with the installation of windows 10 update 1903

Details:

1: Run Windows Update Repair: https://aka.ms/wudiag

2:

1. Go to the Microsoft Update Catalog and search for ‘hp wireless button’. You can also access the page from here.

2. On the page, find the driver that is supported by your Windows 10 installation. For example, in our case, we downloaded the second driver as our PC is running Windows 10 version 1809 (October 2018 Update).
  3. The downloaded driver will be saved in .cab format.
  4. Open the File Explorer and make a folder anywhere you want.
  5. Open the folder where you have downloaded the driver (.cab file) and left click on the cab file.
  6. Another folder will open where you will find three files, as shown in the screenshot below.
  7. Copy the three files into the folder that you created earlier.
  8. In the folder, right-click on the .info file (Setup Information).
  9. Click install, and a security warning will appear on the screen. Tap on open and you’ll get operation completed successfully message.
  10. Open the Settings app, navigate to Windows Update and tap on ‘retry’. Windows will normally check for updates and the error will disappear.

3:  Not this HP Support link is for my Spectre model - your Spectre might (but unlikely) have different drivers:,  https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-15-ch000-x360-convertible-pc/16779588/mo..., if you don't have a Spectre go here: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/laptops

4 Download driver update from Windows Update catalog for your OS be careful to choose "Windows 10 Version 1809 for x64" not 'server' or x86:  http://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=kb4512937

HP Recommended

Ozbob, you were spotted on in your suggestions to fix this issue (thank you so much!).  The sad part about it for me was calling HP Support and getting a technician to tell me that my computer was corrupted, since I was unable to install the BIOS with the instructions he gave me, which I have already tried before but I wanted to humor him; and that because my laptop was out of warranty for a month, if I wanted the laptop fixed I needed to pay over $400 for a service charge.

One thing I did differently was that I went through Windows Device Manager and updated each driver one by one separately after I installed the latest Intel display drivers, which I believe is pretty much what you said on step 4 in your suggestions.  It took me a long time to check and update all of the drivers in this fashion, and was amazed on the amount of drivers needing updates (I guess Windows Update, even when you turn on the option to receive updates for other Microsoft products when you update Windows through Advance Options, does not work as intended or HP cannot keep up with Microsoft).  However, it was worth it!  My laptop have the latest F31 BIOS and the Windows 1903 update without a hitch! Now, in my opinion, the laptop is running faster than new.

NOTE:  If you go through Device Manager and down arrow "Firmware", you will see "System Firmware".  Right click "System Firmware" and select "Update Driver".  Choose "Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software" and it will download BIOS F30 for installation.  After that, it was smooth sailing for everything else, although without your suggestions I could have not done it.

HP Recommended

That can work too

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.