Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Spectre x360 13
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I had to remove the battery from my laptop for a moment and now Windows is now in the startup menu and I don’t want to lose my files. 

Which option do I pick so my laptop has all my stuff on it like normal???? 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I’d also like to mention that I didn’t/don’t need to reset my laptop. I just want it to start normally, there are all the options related to an “F#” key or it says press enter to continue. If I don’t do an ‘F#’ key and just continue will it start like normal and have all my files, apps and info?

HP Recommended

@MKC5527 Ideally the battery on an x360 laptop shouldn't be removed as it's non-removable, is there any particular reason you removed it? that said, please share the complete error message via an image of the screen to understand this better, if it's a message telling you that the device was shut down improperly, you can select ok to continue and it should work fine.

If it does not, we will need to troubleshoot the issue and find a way to fix the same without loosing any of your data,

Let's keep a positive mind frame for now, it should be issue that would cost you your data, hopefully.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.