Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13-4105dx laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I perform Windows 10 updates regularly, but I keep getting a message on the Windows Update screen saying "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is its way. Once it's ready for your device, you'll see the update available on this page."  Why is this taking so long? Do I need to do some other update first such as a BIOS update? Is it really taking a very long time for HP or Microsoft to make it available for my HP Spectre x360 13-4105dx? The update has been available for severl months. I purchased the laptop in February 2016. Thanks for your help. DanU7

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@DanU7 

This has nothing whatsoever to do with HP and is entirely due to Microsoft (MS).  They had such a disaster in the early days of the 20.04 update (NOW known as 20H1), that they blocked it entirely for several months.  They, they started releasing it to select PCs since then.  Yours is apparently still being affected by one or more of their blocks and they advise against forcing the update to get around those.  They also will release no plans or schedules of when they expect all the blocks to be released.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@DanU7 

This has nothing whatsoever to do with HP and is entirely due to Microsoft (MS).  They had such a disaster in the early days of the 20.04 update (NOW known as 20H1), that they blocked it entirely for several months.  They, they started releasing it to select PCs since then.  Yours is apparently still being affected by one or more of their blocks and they advise against forcing the update to get around those.  They also will release no plans or schedules of when they expect all the blocks to be released.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.