Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17-u273cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004, says the HP Envy 17-u273cl is not ready for the update. I have older HP computers that have already been able to install the May 2020 update 2004. The HP Assistant says all updates are installed, no new updates. What the reason? Anyone know? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@gobananasnet 

Yes -- it has newer hardware that is affected by one or more of the issues troubling Win10 v20.04.  MS is "blocking" the feature update on these newer PCs until they have addressed these issues -- which could be weeks, or it could be months.

Here are the issues:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-2004

Bypassing these blocks using the Media Creation Tool to do the update is a bad idea.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank you. I've seen that page already. Is there a way to find out which specific issues are preventing my computers from "being ready" for the update? I find that the HP Assistant is not reliable in that, it will check for updates and come back with no new updates available, only to find out, for example; the firmware was out of date, and yes that has happened, and more than once. I've even uninstalled the HP Assistant and reinstalled it with no improvement. Thanks

HP Recommended

@gobananasnet 

Unfortunately NO -- Windows Update will not tell you which of the issues is preventing the feature update.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.