Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Laptop PC 17-by4000 (18B36AV)

Hey ya all,

I think I already know everything about this problem. HP Laptop 17-by4013ur with Intel 11th generation processor. I have tried all kinds of packages with RST VMD. From the many videos on YouTube, from the Intel website for Rapid Storage Controller technology, and of course from the drivers page of my laptop on the HP website. None of this works.

1) A new 250GB HP X900 SSD was purchased, it is visible in the BIOS;
2) Secure Boot is disabled, keys are cleared;
3) There is no Legacy Support item.

Whatever drivers I use, no matter where I download them from, nothing helps. None of the downloaded packages is a driver labeled "intel rst vmd controller 9a0b" which usually helps with this problem. 

I'm at a dead end.

Maybe this laptop has a different controller? Then why didn't any of the RST VPD packages from the HP website fit? Did the manufacturer make a mistake? Or maybe it's the Windows 10 version?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.