Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 15-cr0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have tried multiple times to install the Windows 10 - 1903 update.  Each time I get an error.  The system goes into update mode, then asks for restart, then just sits on the black "HP" logo startup screen, doing nothing.  I'm not sure what to do next.  I made sure the BIOS was updated before trying the last time.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@BMan344 

Don't understand why you are trying to install the 1903 update so late -- as the 20.09 version will be out in only a few weeks.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks for your response, but not sure what the next step is.  Are you recommending I skip this and any subsequent updates until the next one you referenced is released?

HP Recommended

@BMan344 

Actually, no -- I would not do that.

I was really wondering why you were not going after 19.09 -- as that is not only the most stable release, it is also STILL being updated by Microsoft on a weekly basis.

IF you need directions on where to get a Win10 v19.09 ISO file, I can see if I can provide that -- as I think that would be a better choice for an upgrade at this time.

HP Recommended

Thanks.  I tried updating to 19.09 once but it failed also.  If you can find that ISO file it would be appreciated.  

HP Recommended

@BMan344 

You can try using Windows images downloaded using the tool from this site:

https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-iso-download-tool

Click the Download: Windows-ISO-Download.exe link. This will download that file to your PC. Double-click that file to run it.

Download the tool, run it, and do the following:
1) Select Windows 10 at the upper right
2) Under Select edition, select Windows 10 Home Pro under the version 1909 heading
3) Click the Confirm button
4) Select the product language, click confirm button
6) Select either the 64-bit download
7) Select a folder to save the file -- it's downloading 4GB or so of data, so that will take a while depending on the download speed. The progress bar might not show any progress but when the download is nearly done, a window will pop open indicating the ISO file is being moved from a temporary download directory to the folder you selected. The screen will then say Download Complete.

Once you have this, download and install RUFUS and use the option to create a bootable USB stick from the ISO file.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.