Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows 10 Update & Security option in Settings not working

HP Recommended
HP Notebook - 14-am118tx

Operating System : Windows 10

When I click on Settings -> Update & Security option nothing happens and no pop-up appears.

Due to this I am unable to update windows 10.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
9,686 9,594 777 3,594
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @DGVK 

Welcome!

It might be a user account issue. Windows uses user accounts since Windows 2000 and even now to manage the users and the information. It is either your user account corrupted or more serious issue in Windows itself.

• Let's first check your account - create a new one, login there and see if you will be able to use Start menu normally there.

Click on the Start button, type and then open (Run as Administrator) the Command Prompt

Capture.PNG

Type the following command and press Enter:

net user TESTACC Abcd1234 /add

Type the following command to add the newly created account to the Administrators group and press Enter:

net localgroup administrators TESTACC /add

Eventually, type the following command and press Enter:

exit

Try to switch user and then login to the TESTACC account with password Abcd1234

>> https://www.isunshare.com/windows-10/3-ways-to-switch-user-in-windows-10.html

Check the Windows start menu and how it works. Test if you can open Update and Security

Let me know the results. I will post new instructions eventually.

Your feedback and update are important. Click below on Accept As Solution and Likes+ icon if my comments helped or to say thanks
I am an HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** My location: Europe *** HP Expert - Volunteer
PLEASE SUBSCRIBE IF THIS HELPS YOU - IT HELPS ME :-) Here is a very quick video on how to enter the HP Boot Menu from a HP Laptop. Step 1 - Press the power o...
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation