Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillon
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop just broke down. Seems that disc just stopped working and laptop will not start. I bought new disc but I don’t have a OP system for it and i cannot recover my system from broken disc because laptop doesn’t see it. Says that there is not hard drive installed. 
i don’t have any copie of my system, never did any recovery cd etc, neither activation key anymore. Is there any possibility to get my activation key back or I must buy new windows 10 system to install on a new drive? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello
if your computer is original with windows 10, you do not need a key, except special problem
so you can try the installs with iso microsoft
but see if your computer is compatible:

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Ok, Thanks for answer. Unfortunately my laptop in not compatible. 
Is there any other way to get my original system on the new ssd drive. 

HP Recommended

https://www.microsoft.com/fr-fr/software-download/windows10

install windows with this, then get what is available from the drivers and software page

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.