Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Windows 10 will not update to the May revision as it tells me me there are compatibility issues with Intel Rapid Storage Technology drivers. I get the message “The inbox storage driver iastora.sys doesn’t work on these systems and causes stability problems on Windows.”

The Microsoft advice is to update the drivers however it also warns and recommends to only update them from the hardware manufacturer. My HP Update software tells me everything is up to date. Microsoft tells me I need to update as the version of windows 10 I am running will not be supported for much longer!

https://www.techradar.com/news/windows-10-may-2019-update-runs-into-trouble-with-some-intel-drivers

So, what is the best course of action? I had an issue before where updating drivers on an HP machine essentially stopped stuff working.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@SportiveUK
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Please follow @Grzwacz suggestion on how to fix this issue.

This seems to be a new problem when updating to W10 version 1903.

One fix that seems to have worked for some folks is to navigate to:

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers", then find the iaStorA.sys driver and rename it to iaStorA_old.sys

Try the update again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@SportiveUK
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Please follow @Grzwacz suggestion on how to fix this issue.

This seems to be a new problem when updating to W10 version 1903.

One fix that seems to have worked for some folks is to navigate to:

"C:\Windows\System32\drivers", then find the iaStorA.sys driver and rename it to iaStorA_old.sys

Try the update again.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

That worked, thanks! 😀

HP Recommended

@SportiveUK

Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us. 

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Worked for me too. Thanks. Graham

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.