Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0007nc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,
I have a problem with the HP Pavilion Gaming 15-ec0007nc and the TPM specifically on x64 Windows 10 Home 21H1 (OS build: 19043.1081).
The problem is that TPM is Enabled in the BIOS, it is listed in the device manager as AMD PSP 10.0 Device, but in tpm.msc the message "Compatible TPM cannot be found" is displayed.

I would add that the system has been reinstalled several times, always using an advanced method, and all partitions have been removed. Sometimes it was using Rufus and sometimes using an official program from Microsoft (the current system was installed using the Media Creation Tool)

In CMD using the command "wmic / namespace: \\ root \ cimv2 \ security \ microsofttpm path win32_tpm get * /format:textvaluelist.xsl "error message" No Instance (s) Available. "

Here is a listing of PowerShell (Get-tpm command) PS C: \ WINDOWS \ system32> Get-tpm

TpmPresent: False
TpmReady: False
TpmEnabled: False
TpmActivated: False
TpmOwned: False
RestartPending: False
ManufacturerId: 0
ManufacturerIdTxt:
ManufacturerVersion:
ManufacturerVersionFull20:
ManagedAuthLevel: Full
OwnerAuth:
OwnerClearDisabled: True
AutoProvisioning: NotDefined
LockedOut: False
LockoutHealTime:
LockoutCount:
LockoutMax:
SelfTest:

Here are the methods I tried:
- TPM BIOS Clear
- Pre-installed all drivers using HP Support Assistant
- I tried installing new Windows on a second drive
- Driver change from AMD PSP 10.0 Device to Trusted Module 2.0 (which is the driver default in Windows)

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Something else is wrong.

The AMD PSP device and TPM are two separate devices, as you can see from the screenshot of my HP 15-ee047nr notebook with the Ryzen 4500 processor.

Paul_Tikkanen_0-1624800088316.png

See of the TPM 2.0 device shows up as a hidden device in the device manager when you select the Show hidden devices option in the device manager view tab.

Have you installed the latest Ryzen mobile chipset driver for your notebook from the AMD website?

AMD Ryzen™ and Athlon™ Mobile (Chipset) Drivers & Support | AMD

Maybe that will help.  I installed the chipset driver.  I'm pretty sure that the TPM device was present since I got the notebook.

it is running W10 21H1 as well.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I've even done that several times and still nothing. I'm adding a log from the installation and a photo of my device manager 
Log:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qF-_Eq8dZt7CcIjJywxpolGJst5-7M3b/view?usp=sharing

Device managerDevice manager

HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know what the problem could be.

Your first report shows no indication of a TPM being present.

I don't know enough about this device to give further advise, such as what would happen if you disabled the TPM in the BIOS, restarted the PC and ran the PC with the TPM disabled for a bit and then went into the BIOS and enabled it again.

HP Recommended

I've tried it before

HP Recommended

I would have to conclude one of two things...

Your country does not allow TPM devices to be installed.

It used to be that way in Russia and China.   I don't know if that has changed.

The TPM device has failed and the motherboard would have to be replaced.

HP Recommended

I am from the Czech Republic, there is no problem with TPM. I would probably agree that TPM could be dysfunctional. The laptop is under warranty, so I can go to the dealer to have it repaired. But in our country, they have 30 days by law to do that, which is a long time for me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.