Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp 15-ba079dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi, I am unable to update to W10 V. 2004 due to driver issues. My model was not on the list that HP tested. The laptops works fine otherwise.  Does HP plan on testing any more products for update?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ctnvca 

Count yourself lucky -- scores of other folks have rushed into the v20.04 upgrade only to end up with failed PCs.  The update was so bad that MS put a lock on it for months!

IF yours is not a new laptop, then don't expect updates drivers as HP is not updating drivers for older laptops.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood wrote:

@ctnvca 

Count yourself lucky -- scores of other folks have rushed into the v20.04 upgrade only to end up with failed PCs.  The update was so bad that MS put a lock on it for months!

IF yours is not a new laptop, then don't expect updates drivers as HP is not updating drivers for older laptops.

@WAWood  @ctnvca 

That's true in some cases. I upgraded 6 machines to Windows 10 2004 last week

• 3 Dell notebooks from under 1 year old to 11 years old,
  • 1 Microsoft Surface which is around 2 years old,
  • 2 HP machines namely HP 840 G5 (8 months old) and HP Omen 15" which is 2 years old next week,

5 of them no problem so far, but battery of my HP Omen failed  on the same day and un-recoverable. HP Part Store says A$226.00, I will probably wait few more weeks when I can get out the Covid-19 lock down to buy elsewhere.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.