Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 14 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Fresh install windows 10. All drivers up to date via Device Manager.

Installed graphics latest firmware via HP website.

Using windows update assistant - after downloading windows 10 update, then asks to restart.

Upon re-starting it gets to 30% on the blue screen then turns off and back on again then shuts down and doesn’t restart.

Restarting manually screen comes up saying undoing changes and then starts back up to the original installed windows version 10.0.

HP 14 Notebook PC

Product No. F6D13PA#ABG

System Board ID 2191

Processor Type AMD E1-2100 APU With Radeon (TM) HD Graphics

Processor Speed  1000 MHz

Total  Memory 4GB

BIOS Version  F.07

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Jaymarks 

First thing we need you to do is find out the precise version of Windows 10 you are running.  To do that, enter "winver" (without the quotes) into the search area and tell us what shows in the popup window.

We can provide more advice after we have that information.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood 

IMG_2600.jpg

HP Recommended

@Jaymarks 

Thanks for the info.

It's likely with a PC this old that Win10 v20.04 might not work -- and even  then, there are serious issues with it at present that prevent most folks running Win10 v10.09 from upgrading to it.  So, I am not surprised that it does not install for you.

You should try and older version, like v10.09, to see if that works better.  You can download it using this tool:  https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/technology-science/microsoft/67-microsoft-windows-and-office-iso-downl...

Click the download button and when you have the file, click it to run it and select Windows 10, then select the older version.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.