Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Envy 17-k270
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello,

I've tried upgrading my laptop to Windows 10 several times and I keep getting the following error message: c1900101-30018 and FIRST_BOOT SYSPREP. I've tried updating through windows update and through usb stick with no succes up to now. My last option will be to do a clean windows 10 install. I'm wondering if I will come across the same error doing this.

Has anyone done a clean windows 10 upgrade installation? Has anyone found a solution or work around to the above problem? 

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I am from Mexico, I had the same error code.

Solve it by uninstalling tune up utilities and antivirus, update now Windows 10 without problems, using the official application "media creation tool" of microsoft to install via USB, now Windows 10 is running and activated

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

I am from Mexico, I had the same error code.

Solve it by uninstalling tune up utilities and antivirus, update now Windows 10 without problems, using the official application "media creation tool" of microsoft to install via USB, now Windows 10 is running and activated

HP Recommended

Thanks! I'll give it a try and let you know!

HP Recommended

I am getting the same error code too every time and I am unable to complete an upgrade to windows 10 (It hangs up at 32% installed and I also get this information after a hard power off and back on: The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP operation. 

Please let me know how it goes with you, especially if you get to work.

HP Recommended

After I uninstalled avast antivirus and tuneup utilities it installed without a problem!

HP Recommended

My Anti-Virus is AVG but I went ahead and uninstalled it anyway to give it a try. Unfortunately my computer hung up again at the same 32% completed stage and with the same error message, c1900101-30018.

I have run out of ideas so if anyone would like to suggest something else...I'm listening. Thanks.

HP Recommended

This is very helpful after following these steps. My machine upgraded sucessfully

HP Recommended

@Fla_Bob wrote:

My Anti-Virus is AVG but I went ahead and uninstalled it anyway to give it a try. Unfortunately my computer hung up again at the same 32% completed stage and with the same error message, c1900101-30018.

I have run out of ideas so if anyone would like to suggest something else...I'm listening. Thanks.

Uninstall any software cleaning windows. And any other third-party software that directly affects windows. If still does not work with "windows update", you will have to download the iso officer corresponding version of Windows 10.
Use a USB memory and application "Media creation tool" of microsoft

HP Recommended

I am definitely not computer savvy but I am persistent (LOL) and finally I succeeded in getting Windows 10 installed without the install quitting at 32% complete.  I tried many things and am not sure what was the ultimate fix but success came with getting the ISO image file from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO and saving the file to my computer. I then burned the file to a DVD and when that was done I reinserted the DVD and was able to go to the setup file and double clicked it and it started running the setup. 

I had in the past used a USB memory stick instead of a DVD to get/save the ISO file but somewhere in my looking for information I ran across a place on the web today (I can't remember where now) that said if the Windows on my computer had initially been pre-installed as a package that the USB file would not work and that you had to use the DVD ISO file.  That perked my ears right up as my notebook came with Windows 8 pre-installed. Of course I had updated it without incident, fortunately, with Windows 8.1 came out.

So I now have Windows 10 up and running and I thank everyone who read my posts and offered suggestions.  BTW, while the install finally worked it was not a speedy process. It was slow...but you should have seen my face when it got beyond that menacing 32% complete.

HP Recommended

By the way, one shouldn't assume that someone is into gaming, and you sound a little bit snobbish. People want to get the latest system updates becuase the industry has decided to no longer support products past two years. And OI for one am pissed when I spend $1300 for a system with some nice upgrades....and it is obsolete after just two years. A $200 chromecrapbook would be better.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.