Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
zBook G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I am trying to upgrade my OS to Windows 11 - nearly there but not quite. My zBook G4 has an i7-7820HQ processor - this is listed by Microsoft as compatible with Windows 11 but only if it has DCH drivers. Intel have issued DCH drivers for i7-7820HQ but the installation fails as the driver version is locked to HP. Intel says it is HP responsibility to issue compliant drivers but the latest driver on HP download site is not DCH. So, my question - when will HP issue DCH drivers?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I was able to do it on my zBook G4 with i7-7820HQ. Download the latest Intel DCH-compliant driver dated 11/10/21. It's a graphics driver. Right before you're about to install open Device Manager and delete your Intel Graphics card 630 but don't reboot. Delete card and driver. Say no to reboot and the screen goes to lo-res. Now install the driver. You don't get stopped by mfg locked message.Capture.JPG

HP Recommended

This lets you install the latest intel DCH graphics driver, however my zbook G4 (7820HQ) is still showing as incompatible with Windows 11 in the PC Health Check app after doing this. I guess it doesn't check which driver you have, but rather which laptop you have, as the zbooks aren't officially supported for the 7820HQ.

Did you succeed in installing Windows 11 through official routes with this method?

I know there are work-arounds you can do to get 11 going on officially unsupported machines, but it would be nice if someone found a route which ticks a box of 'approved install' on Microsoft's side to get full support etc.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.