Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

I recently purchased a Victus laptop with FreeDOS pre-installed. When attempting to install Windows 11, I encountered an error stating that the disk could not be found. However, Ubuntu installed without any issues. Can you provide assistance with installing Windows 11?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

If your notebook has an Intel core processor, I have zipped up and attached below, the Intel storage controller drivers that I hope work for Windows to find the hard drive.

Copy all of the files in both folders in the attached file to a USB flash drive.

Have the flash drive and your Windows installation media plugged into USB ports.

Boot from the W11 installation flash drive.

When you get to the screen where no drives can be found, click on the Load driver option, browse to the flash drive with the storage controller drivers on it.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Click Next and if those are the right drivers Windows should find the drive and install.

HP Recommended

Hi,

First of all, thanks for helping. My notebook is using the r7 7840hs processor. Do you have something suitable for this?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I don't.

I have been unable to figure out what driver is needed for the notebooks with the AMD Ryzen processors.

In theory, W11 shouldn't need any storage controller drivers for Windows to find the drive.

I have a HP notebook with a Ryzen 5 4500U processor with a 512 GB NVMe SSD, and had no problems clean installing both W10 and W11 on the drive and other forum members with the older Ryzen 3xxx processors had the same problem you are having.

There is no common denominator as to what notebooks have the issue.

I can give you what should be the drivers, but they probably will not work, and I don't know why because they are the AMD equivalent to the Intel drivers I attached in my first reply.

If they don't I suggest you post your question on the AMD support forum.

Drivers & Software - AMD Community

Someone may have an answer for you on there.

HP Recommended

Hi, I am having the exact same problem with Victus 16.1 S0050nt computer. No matter what I did, I couldn't install Windows on it. Windows tells that "a media device driver is missing, this can be either harddisk, dvd, or usb". I downloaded all drivers from HP Drivers page. I tried to find what is missing one by one with no luck. Intel RST does not solve the problem since CPU is Ryzen. I could install Ubuntu 23 without any problems. Any updates on this, I really want to install Windows 11 on this machine.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.