Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion m7-1015dx
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

My Windows 7 laptop has run into an issue and won't boot up. It failed the memory test. Error message is 0xc0000225, and I need a Windows 7 disc to fix the issue. How can I get a Windows 7 disc?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

You can make your own W7 disk or USB flash drive.

Below is the link to the W7 64 bit Home Premium English (US) ISO file.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page...

https://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-home-premium-free-download-iso-32-bit-64...

Use the Microsoft tool that I zipped up and attached below that you will need to transfer the ISO file to a DVD or USB flash drive so that it is bootable, or you can use a free utility such as Rufus, or a DVD burning program that has an option to burn ISO files so that they are bootable.

HP Recommended

I just did everything you mentioned but it's not working. It's still going through the loop and won't boot up. Any other suggestions? 

HP Recommended

Since I don't know what you did, I wouldn't be able to help you.

You made the bootable media and you can boot from it correct?

If so, then you have two options...

1. When you are at the install now screen on the lower left side of that screen, there is a Repair your computer option.

You can use the various tools available to see if you can fix the problem.

2.  If you can't fix the problem and you can read all 25 characters of the W7 product key on your PC's case, you can use the media you created to reinstall W7.

If you need to recover files from the hard drive, do not delete or format any of the partitions.

When you get to the part of the installation instructions that ask 'Where do you want to install Windows,' let it install over the current Windows partition, and it will create a Windows.old folder.

After W7 has completed installing, you can explore the Windows.old folder, find your old user profile, and copy the files you want to save onto a portable hard drive.

You can also copy them to your new user profile.

Those would be the only suggestions I can offer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.