Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Yes I have Intel Adaptor as well. So we both appear to be in the same boat. I am about to try the 2nd Download listed on the Link #2 you posted.

EDIT - Wow, that really did work! So here's what I did that solved my problem. (For those who come after me)

1. Go to http://www.driverscape.com/download/bluetooth-peripheral-device This is the 2nd link FlyingsCool  posted 2 posts above this.

2. Get the 2nd Download from that page which lists the download file details as 

• Driver Version: 17.1.1501.0510
  • Release Date: 2014-12-17
  • File Size: 33.49M
  • Supported OS: Windows 7 64bit

That's because I have Win 7 64 bit. If you have different OS, select Accordingly.

3. Extract the contents of the downloaded Zip file. You're looking for Intel Bluetooth.msi as one of the files. DO NOT I repeat NOT launch the Setup.exe. It DOES NOT install those Bluetooth drivers. Don't ask me why but it most definitely didn't for me.

4. Once that's completed, attempt to pair any Bluetooth device with the Computer. Mind you, immidiately there will be a new icon in the tray of Installing Drivers for Plug N Play Devices. Click on it and open the window for the multiple drivers being set up. Make sure they all result in a Green Check mark next to them. It will take time, just be patient.

HP Recommended

Yep, installing that got green checks on the device drivers for me, too.  My device pairs ok when I add the device, and the drivers install fine.  Problem is, the device (a Jlabaudio Mini Crasher bluetooth speaker) never shows up in playback devices.  If I right click on the device in the bluetooth devices list and select Services, Windows does not recognize any services from the device (even though it installed all the appropriate drivers.

Not sure what to do next.

HP Recommended

The first time I tried this,  I had paired my phone. However, seeing your problem, I went and Paired my BT Headset Mixcder Ghost.  Once I went through the pairing process, I saw Drivers getting installed for

Bluetooth Audio

Hands-Free Profile

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile

Audio/Video Remote control

After that was completed, I do see the Headphone in Playback Devices but it appears as Disconnected. Clicking on Connect does not work. If I am to connect a Wired headphone, the sound transfers just fine.

HP Recommended

It turns out the Bluetooth is a function of the wireless card in the laptop.  In mine, a Zbook 15, it is an Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6235. I went to Intel and found their drivers.  I've got some other stuff to do.  I think I found the latest driver for that card, I'll have to uninstall what I see and I'll install the latest.

You may also want to go through your Windows services and make sure all appropriate services are started.  I can't see my device under playback, nor do I see any services available under the device even though all the drivers are installed and enabled and working properly. 

If you can, I'm not sure why it won't turn on.  I did see some media network services. Maybe it's one of those?

HP Recommended

I paired a BT Headphone Mixcder Ghost. It paired fine and the Drivers loaded however, Its listed as Disabled in the Playback Device List with no way to turn it on there. Devices and Printers do show the same device as working fine.

Yes I know its a Integrated Card from Intel for Wireless and Bluetooth. But doesn't make sense why its disabled despite all the right drivers.

HP Recommended

As I noted, I realized the driver installed wasn't correct for my card.  I uninstalled all the bluetooth drivers on my system, downloaded the latest Bluetooth and Proset Wireless software and drivers, and installed them.  This time, when I connected my device, I saw the devices in the Playback window.  Like you, when I tried to connect there, it ignored me.  I went into the Bluetooth Devices window in the task bar popup on the right, selected my device and right click selected Services.

This time it showed two services, Listen to Music and Forward VoIP calls to Handsfree.  Under Listen to Music was a choice to connect the device, I pressed it and it worked.  My speaker now works.

So it's important to have the correct driver for you device.  For me, I went to the Intel site and searched for my wireless card and it showed me the latest bluetooth and wireless drawings for my card.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

And, sadly, it doesn't work every time.  After I loaded the drivers and added the device to my machine it worked appropriately as I noted above, and added two devices to my Playback devices list.  Then I turned the device off and turned it back on to see if it would connect.  It didn't.  So I deleted the device from Windows and added it again, and I got the same response I got before.

The time it worked, it added the "Bluetooth Audio" driver in the list of drivers it installed.  I don't know why it doesn't load that every time.

It does load:

Hands-Free Profile

Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (Sink)

Audio/Video Remote Control

Audio/Video Remote Control (Target)

If I go to the device properties and go to the services tab, it shows:

Audio Sink

Handsfree Telephony

Headset

Remote Control

Remotely Controllable Device

And all are checked except for Headset.  If I check that, it also adds the Headset Profile to the list above.  But I can't figure out how to kick it to add the "Bluetooth Audio" driver.  Still searching on this one.  Then I'll need to figure out how to tell it to connect when I turn the device on.

On my phone, a Samsung Note 5, it connects fine.  When I turn it on bluetooth, I get a window that allows me to select what device to connect.  I select connect, and it works great.  I can't seem to find such an interface for Windows to tell windows to connect to the available device if I already have a connection profile for the device.  So I've got two issues going on here.

1. How do I connect a device I already have created a profile for?

2. Why doesn't "Bluetooth Audio" get added to the list of drivers every time I create a device profile?

HP Recommended

So, as I noted above the connection worked fine after I installed the driver.  Then I turned it off, and I couldn't get it to reconnect and show the services.  So I reinstalled the driver.  It connected again.  It showed the services.  I connected the device using the "Listen to Music" choice.  It worked.  I turned off the device but left the services window open.  It kept the Services.  I turned the device back on, selected the "Listen to Music", it connected again.  I closed the services window.  I turned the device back on and opened the Services window.  Now it went back to saying the device doesn't have any services again, and I can't get it to see the services no matter what order I add things.  If I remove the device and re-add it, still no Services available. 

This time it didn't need the Bluetooth Audio driver to install, so that must have been for the audio where it added the devices to the playback window.  So that's why I don't see that driver installing again.  The playback devices never went away, they just show disconnected when the device isn't working.

There's clearly a bug going on here.  I shouldn't have to reload the drivers every time I want to connect a Bluetooth audio device 😕

It's almost as if the device is changing it's name so it's not really connecting or something.  Or maybe installing the driver clears out some cache of information somewhere that's blocking the device from connecting properly.

HP Recommended

Well, I went to http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html?iid=dc_iduu

then updated my Intel ProSet Wireless  Drivers. One Reboot later, readded my BT Headphone as before. Added the Hedset profile explicitly like you said.  No Joy. The Headphone is not listed in Playback devices. 

Intel Utility says I have latest drivers on the Wireless card. Oh and no "Listen to Music" Service in the Control Panel Services.

HP Recommended

I'm not sure I'd trust the results of the utility.  Maybe, but whenever I checked my drivers, they always said they were the latest, and they weren't.  And that first driver post I linked to did not support my device.  I went and did a search at the link I gave you and it brought up the latest driver for my device and I downloaded that, and well I posted the result.  I'm not sure what to do next.  What I'd like is to find some software that ACTUALLY manages the bluetooth devices I've set up in Windows, i.e. tells me if it's actually connected and shows me when it's available and lets me connect it and see results.  I can't tell from the Windows device connection.  It says it's connected when the device is saying it's not.  And, as I noted, and seems to be true for you too, I can't reliably get the Windows Device connection to reliably show the services available from the device.

At least I know it works, and, since it is super reliable with my phone, it seems like the Windows stuff is really buggy.

Hope you get better results.  Maybe try to uninstall all the bluetooth devices drivers on your computer and reinstall them.  Then add the device.  Right click on it when it's fully loaded and you can see all the drivers are connected, and select "Show Services" and you should see one or two choices which allow you to connect your device to the audio drivers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.