Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

For one. This Thread was locked for some reason and I could not reply for a while. I asked the Moderators to unlock it. Don't ask me why.

Now as to the problem at hand, I don't trust that utility either. Hell I don't trust the HP Support Assistant either.  It doesn't give me ability to download drivers or updates either. For that matter the HP Website for Drivers only has the Drivers for the Intel Centrino Wirless-N 1030 Card that I have. That card has additional Bluetooth Module on it and needs separate drivers. As it stands, because HP refuses to give those drivers and Intel doesn't have either, I see that being listed as "Generic Bluetooth Adaptor" in the Device manager whereas it should have been listed as "Bluetooth HS AMPAL for Intel Wireless-N 1030" According to Google. Now there's also a Bluetooth Personal Area Network PAN feature on that card. Once again for lack of correct drivers, the device is listed as Bluetooth Device (PAN) in Device Manager. 

Further Googling led me to this http://superuser.com/questions/471767/bluetooth-headset-pairs-and-appears-in-sound-devices-but-shows...

The various solutions listed are all needed and applicable one way or other. I couldn't get it to work either. But one thing it did tell me, that your BT Device is not Expected to appear and control from Control Panel >Sound > Playback Devices. Instead you're supposed to go to Control Panel > Devices and Printers > BT Device and then click on the "Listen to Music" there. This is supposed to actually get windows to connect to your device and start playing music there. Alas clicking on it does not do anything for me.

Clearly like you have said twice before, this is due to me not having the Right drivers. No matter what I use, either from the HP Support or from Intel Support, the drivers do not work and I am stuck with the same problem. 

HP Recommended

So, taking your advice I removed every last driver. Also removed the Intel Proset Utility and the Intel MyWifi utility too. Once done, went to device manager and removed all the drivers. One Reboot later installed the latest Intel Proset wireless with Drivers from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26599/Wireless-Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-...

Attempted to add and listen to my headset. When that failed, removed the headset, rebooted.  Then Got Correct and latest drivers for BT from 

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59481/Intel-Centrino-Wireless-N-1030-Single-Band

installed those and then rebooted one more time before attempting the BT Headphone. The device and its Services add just fine. However when I go to connect to it from Control Panel > Devices and Printers > Click on the Headsets > Click on Listen, nothing happens. Rebooting didn't help either. I am sure, this time drivers sure aren't a problem. I triple checked the driver versions.

If that wasn't bad enough, every time I try to add a device, this thing disconnects from Wireless, goes to access Internet via the Headphones I am trying to listen from. Fails there, failes to access Internet there either. Then I go and try to reconnect to the Wireless Connection, there it refuses to connect and instead tries to connect to its own PAN network ? Why ? God alone knows. At first I blamed this to the Intel My Wireless Hotspot Utility. After I got rid of it and told Intel Proset to let windows manage my Wireless connection, this problem of attempting to access Wireless via my BT Headphones does not stop and keep disconnecting my WiFi Connection anyway. I think its because its the Network Card I have with integrated Bluetooth.

That's it. I am pretty much about to Give up on Trying to Solve HP's Stupidity. They don't want to do what's right. They don't want to fix their mistake, they sure as hell don't give a rodent's hairy backside to the problems. In the mean time I am saddled with this crappy BT.

Edit - A dim glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. The Intel Wireless Drivers, Intel PROSet, and Intel My WiFi for Microsoft Windows 7 listed on HP's Driver Download page for HP Folio 13-2000 series is wrong!! The Right one is on Intel's page for Wireless Bluetooth Software. This latter link is actually applicable for all HP models using Intel WiFi Card with integrated BT Module. Go Figure HP!!

HP Recommended

Re: Windows 7 , 64 bit , Error Bluetooth Peripheral Device not found.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.