Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Example: dv6 Pavilion 6135dx
Other

Hi, I have a hp dv6 and I've lost the is due to trying to format a partition (it formatted the drive) and I have a OEM key and am trying to get windows 7 legally and need some help getting it what are my

options?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for thr reply.

I have contacted Mircosoft and they were able to help me get a copy of Windows 7. Thanks anyway! Have a good day.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Configure,

Good Day.   Thanks for taking an interest in the HP support forums. I reviewed the post about getting a retail copy of Microsoft Windows 7 as you have the product key for it.

I will be glad to assist you here. Good description of the situation and Kudos to for that. Hp would not have the retail copy of Windows 7. What you could is to try and get a copy of the recovery media by contacting HP phone support if it is available as this is an old computer and retired now.

Please contact HP phone support via this link: http://hp.com/contacthp please select the country and type the product# of the unit. Then follow the on-screen instructions.

• For all you know, if you are in luck, you may be able to order the recovery media for the computer.
  • As far as getting a retail version of Microsoft Windows 7 you may need to contact a local Best Buy or Staples technician and check with them if it is available as Microsoft has also retired the product now.
  • You could also try to download a copy of Windows 7 if it is available online and use the product key that you have now to make it legal.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care now and have a superb week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, Thanks for thr reply.

I have contacted Mircosoft and they were able to help me get a copy of Windows 7. Thanks anyway! Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Hi @Configure,

I am happy for you, It is awesome that the issue has been resolved. Great job. Kudos to you on that score. 

You've been simply fabulous to work with, considering your technical expertise and exhaustive technical skills. 🙂  It has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂 Trust me, I've done all I can to assist you, by keeping your best interest in mind. 

I honestly hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

You take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.