Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion G6
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello everyone.

I was unable to restore my laptop to factory settings, so I downloaded the iso from Microsoft and installed that. Now my OEM key does not activate Windows 7. I've read that I may need a different type of windows 7 iso, any help would be awesome.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've sorted it out, thanks.

One letter was off. Thank you for your time

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

You should be able to activate the installation by phone.

To activate Windows 7 by phone:

Select the Start button , right-click Computer, select Properties, and then select Activate Windows now.

Choose Show me other ways to activate.

Enter your Windows 7 product key, and then select Next.

Select Use the automated phone system. You may be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Select your location (or the location nearest to you) from the drop-down list, and then select Next.

Call one of the available phone numbers listed. An automated system will guide you through the activation process.

HP Recommended

Hi, I don't have the option to select other way to activate.

And the error message says that this is not a valid Microsoft activation code.

HP Recommended

I've sorted it out, thanks.

One letter was off. Thank you for your time

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

That will do it every time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.