Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP pavilion gaming 15-ec1024AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone, So I bought Hp laptop recently 15-ec1024AX it was not having SSD so I inserted one in M.2 slot by myself.

Once I did this I cloned the os from my hdd to ssd. Then I created recovery through my SSD drive and once it started booting OS from my SSD then I formatted my HDD so that system doesn't get confused. 

Now whenevee I am starting my laptop it is not able to find my SSD to boot it itself rather it is going to automatic recovery. 

Because picutres are not showing I am trying to explain it:

1. Preparing Automatic Repair comes first

2. Then I enter my credentials

3. Then command prompt comes which I close

4.  Then Choose an option menu appears 

5. In this I choose Use a device 

6. Now options with name Internal Hard Disk appears 

7. In this I choose the second option. 

8. Then my window boots. 

How can I solve this problem?

Let me show you all this through pictures which I have clicked.   

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-10 at 6.40.55 AM.jpeg

Takes me here: 

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-10 at 6.40.56 AM.jpeg

Insert password:

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-10 at 6.40.56 AM (1).jpeg

Then i close command prompt:

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-10 at 6.40.56 AM (2).jpeg

It takes me here. Here I choose Use a device:

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-10 at 6.40.56 AM (4).jpeg

Here separate name of hard disk are not written and I choose second Internal Hard Disk.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-10 at 6.40.56 AM (5).jpeg

Then my system boots. How can I change it to boot it itself. Any kind of help will be highly appreciable. 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Shivam_Kumar_Mi 

Since NONE of your pictures are showing up, based purely on your description, it sounds like what you did was migrate only the OS partition from the HDD to the SSD.

You could not actually have CLONED the HDD to the SDD unless the capacity of both was the same -- because CLONING means to make an EXACT COPY -- and the two drives have to be the same capacity for that to happen.

So after you migrated the OS partition, the PC was still booting from the HDD although Windows was running from the SSD.

If this is what happened, there is a simple fix -- create the boot records needed inside the OS partition on the SSD.  To do this, you will need a working PC to create boot media you can then use to "repair" the OS on the SSD.

Follow the instructions below to create boot media from Macrium Reflect (MR) that can be used to rewrite/repair the boot media on your PC:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR) from this link on a working PC: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
2) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD

That will create MR bootable media. Then, you can boot your PC into WinPE using that media.

Have patience, as that can take a while to start and bring up the screen.

Once the screen is there, select the option to Fix Windows boot problems. It will then search for the OSs installed and list them, Select the one you want to repair and click Next.

It will now do the repairs, listing the things it has done.

When finished, select the option to Restart the PC.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood 

Thanka a lot for your reply. I have explained my answer in text. My PC is working it just boots itself from there. The way you are telling me to do this. Is that I'll loose my data or original softwares I am having. 

HP Recommended

@Shivam_Kumar_Mi 

Since you won't provide any more details, despite my asking -- I can't help you anymore.  I provided the likely explanation and a simple solution, and you won't accept either.  I'm done with this thread.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot for your reply. I was not knowing how to say thanks. My pictures are showing now.  My PC is in working condition it just boots itself from there. The way you are telling me to do this is that I'll loose my data or original softwares I am having. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.