Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

And any thing to keep in mind before or while updating?

Do let me know.

HP Recommended

Do I need to update again after two months like I would am doing these days:smileylol:

Spoiler

HP Recommended

@Rupkonwar wrote:

And any thing to keep in mind before or while updating?

Do let me know.

Nothing special - most was already mentioned or performed by you:

- data backed up (just in case something fails miserably)

- Updated drivers - based on your Windows Updates your drivers are updated so far - no other action needed now

- No 3rd antivirus/firewall/encryption software (due to incompatibility or drivers) - should be removed before the Windows version upgrade - anything like McAfee, Symantec Norton, Kaspersky, Trend Micro, AVG, Avast, etc... must be removed prior.

May be reinstalled after Windows update 1703 is installed

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

@Rupkonwar wrote:

Do I need to update again after two months like I would am doing these days:smileylol:

Unfortunately, ~yes...

It may be with a different procedure but yes.

Generally speaking, Windows Update should offer you upgrade automatically. For some reason it hasn't so far - not sure why... may be it found something inconsistent or incompatible but you can do it yourself.

Also, what is not so good in my opinion is that Microsoft has changed their plans, their business model and now they will release 2 version upgrades per year - once every 6 months - here is more info >> http://www.computerworld.com/article/3191237/microsoft-windows/microsoft-switches-to-twice-yearly-wi...

This is not necessary because I can't believe they can offer us (users) something so new, so good, so much needed and desired, so innovative... , so that we have to go through this long, painful and unneded upgrade hassle 2 times per year, about once every 180 days. They cannot give us (their users) any innovation for just 6 months, something that is really high quality and that deservers the hassle and time.... They might offer me such a thing once every 2 years, but personally I can't believe any company can upgrade us every 6 months for a good reason. Starting with Windows 10 and Office 2016, Microsoft no longer offer Long Term Stable support release for home users and small companies, they do so only for very big companies.

But unfortunately, this is how it works. Alternatively - GNU/Linux OS

Cheers!

Let me know how it goes.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

Haha...thats a big trouble Microsoft is delivering to its customers. Therefore is it the same procedure one has to follow

that you have mentioned for my windows update? 

HP Recommended

@Rupkonwar wrote:

Haha...thats a big trouble Microsoft is delivering to its customers. Therefore is it the same procedure one has to follow

that you have mentioned for my windows update? 

Yes, should be the same.

The only that might change and for which I am not sure is the URL to download Windows 10 programs from. Currently, the URL us the one I posted before but I cannot guarantee it will not change in future.

Most users and in most cases manual upgrade is not needed as Windows 10 - Windows Update should automatically deliver the upgraded version to users

HP Recommended

Okay...

Hope so the URL remains the same in case of a need of  manual update:smileylol: 

HP Recommended

Hello Greeting,

and thanks a lot for the immense instructions you have delivered. I have successfully updated windows home to 1703

version today and it took a bit less time than you aspect. Therefore I am attaching one pic of it, and will now try the

further software updates.

Looking forward...: smiley very-happy:

Thanks

Regards

Rupkonwar

HP Recommended

Hello 

Greetings 

One more issue I have encountered in this one month wished to describe here on the go. Issue is off screen blinking it use

to turn off and on just in a (friction of section), putting it in brackets just because it is different from generally what Google

suggests when you type screen blinking it shows suggestions for screen flickering which is not in my case. The issue is just like when there is a short circuit and the lights inside our room blinks. 

like when there are a short circuit and the lights inside our room blinks. 

Thanks

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.