Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

As usual After updating my  windows 10  it asks to restart the system.. But after restarting my laptop.. it shows the message that "we couldn't complete the updates... Undoing changes.. Don't turn off your computer"

And it shows error code (0x80070002)

I tried to download the updates and installing it but every time after restarting it shows the same message... 

It's now irritating me 

I troubleshoot the windows update and it shows some ethernet cable issue but I haven't use it yet I always connect internet with my mobile's Hotspot

I also deleted all files and folder under SoftwareDistribution folder but nothing happen

Anyone here plz help! 

IMG_20211006_212906.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Run the 2 commands in cmd (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

sfc /scannow

Try to run the update again

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

I tried this... But nothing happen

It is still showing the same "we couldn't complete the updates..undoing changes.."

I need serious help!! 

IMG_20211007_200239.jpg

HP Recommended

What is you Windows Version? (19042.xxxx)

Do you know what an Inplace-Upgrade is?

HP Recommended

There is only HDD in my laptop....

Will installing ssd solve this problem?

HP Recommended

It's not a hardware issue. 

But you can replace the HDD with an SSD and start a new installation.

https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/software-download/windows10

prepare the USB-Stick (8GB) and boot

When ready you need an USB-Sata adapter to transfer your personal files to the new SSD

HP Recommended

I added a ssd (Nvme) without removing hdd and installed windows 10 in ssd

And it solves my problem......

Thanks for replying... 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.