7 1 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Windows update failure on HP Envy X360 for KB4592438

HP Recommended
HP Envy 15-ee0002na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I am trying to install update KB4592438. However, the update keeps failing and I get the following message:

Some update files are missing or have problems. We'll try to download the update again later. Error code: (0x8007000d)

Does anyone have any idea how to get around this?

Regards. 

1 REPLY 1
Level 16
Level 16
28,576 28,496 2,614 6,252
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Kubajj 

Sorry for the bad news, but this is one of several recent Windows Updates that have been failing for folks.  This updates your Win10 build to 685.  The other failing updates were for 631 and 661 -- and in both cases, what worked was a much later update that fixed the issue.

Since MS only guarantees patches the second Tuesday of the month, it is likely now going to be January before they come out with another update that will fix this issue.

I was stuck on the 661 issue and the only way I could fix it was: (1) restoring the PC to build 630 using an image backup I had made using Macrium Reflect, (2) using UUPDUMP to download and create an ISO of the 685 build, (3) doing a Repair-Install using that ISO.

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation