Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

For school I tried to install SolidWorks 2020 but during the installation process I got a .NET Framework 3.5 error. Because of that I couldn't install SolidWorks, but eventually I could install it. I just needed to uncheck a box.

Before I could install SW properly I tried to fix some issues first of .NET Framework 3.5, but it didn't work.

Ever since I tried to install SW I get Windows Update failures on version 2004 and (I believe) 1909. I don't see the 1909 update (it was something small) anymore.

Do you know how to fix the 0x80070002 failure? There are many solutions to fix it online, but the ones I tried didn't work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Moshie

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Moshie313 

Sorry, but we don't have the technical resources to fix problems with Windows Update and besides, you really should NOT be updating to Windows 10 v20.04 because it still has issues.

What Windows version were you running when you tried to do this update if it was not 19.09?

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Thank you for your reply.

I am running Windows 10 v1909, the small update I was talking about was for the .NET Framework 3.5 for 1909 if I remember it correctly.

I heard there were indeed some problems with Windows 10 v2004, but I don't experience any problems on my other pc which has v2004 installed.

Which forum do you recommend to fix Windows Updates?

Moshie

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.