cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Windows update version 2004 failure 0x80070002

HP Recommended
HP Zbook Studio x360 G5
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

For school I tried to install SolidWorks 2020 but during the installation process I got a .NET Framework 3.5 error. Because of that I couldn't install SolidWorks, but eventually I could install it. I just needed to uncheck a box.

Before I could install SW properly I tried to fix some issues first of .NET Framework 3.5, but it didn't work.

Ever since I tried to install SW I get Windows Update failures on version 2004 and (I believe) 1909. I don't see the 1909 update (it was something small) anymore.

Do you know how to fix the 0x80070002 failure? There are many solutions to fix it online, but the ones I tried didn't work.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Moshie

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
25,940 25,872 2,375 5,614
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Moshie313 

Sorry, but we don't have the technical resources to fix problems with Windows Update and besides, you really should NOT be updating to Windows 10 v20.04 because it still has issues.

What Windows version were you running when you tried to do this update if it was not 19.09?

***If my post helped, click the White thumbs-up symbol to say thanks***

***Please mark Accept As Solution if my post solved your problem***

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@WAWood

Thank you for your reply.

I am running Windows 10 v1909, the small update I was talking about was for the .NET Framework 3.5 for 1909 if I remember it correctly.

I heard there were indeed some problems with Windows 10 v2004, but I don't experience any problems on my other pc which has v2004 installed.

Which forum do you recommend to fix Windows Updates?

Moshie

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation