Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I got a low battery warning and within 1 second, my laptop turned off. I plugged it in, and now it won't turn on at all. When I press power, the light blinks the times and nothing happens. This laptop has an enclosed battery. The power cord and adapter are fine. I tried holding power for 30 seconds, power and mute for 15 seconds, etc, etc. Nothing is happening! Help me please!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @cedarvalleyllc 

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You mentioned that your computer blinks, the light blinks.

Can you elaborate exactly which light blinks  ?  Pay special attention to the way it blinks, the pattern.

If you are able to, please also make a video showing the way it blinks and post it back here. Thank you for your cooperation!

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

The little power light next to the power adapter plug-in slot blinks three times. Just as it does if attempting to power on with a dead battery without the power adapter plugged in.

HP Recommended

Please, review the HP official article/guide about such issues you experience now. Follow the appropriate steps that fit your case to attempt to fix the issue:

>> http://hp.dezide.com/ts/start.jsp?guide=NoPowerorBootIssues.net&as=true&section=ccweb&sfs=tdoc&lc=en

I guess your first option/selection from the interactive menu will be NO. Follow the next steps

Let me know how it goes

If you followed all steps but it did not work even after that:

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
HP Recommended

I have tried the hard reset several times. I have purchased a new power cord. Neither have worked. It's an HP Envy x360 with product ID X7U84UA#ABA. I've read on another user's post that the light blinking three times could indicate an issue with BIOS. What is that and could this be related?

HP Recommended

@cedarvalleyllc wrote:

I have tried the hard reset several times. I have purchased a new power cord. Neither have worked. It's an HP Envy x360 with product ID X7U84UA#ABA. I've read on another user's post that the light blinking three times could indicate an issue with BIOS. What is that and could this be related?

Hi,

Yes, it could be related. It is indeed one of the steps in the Dezide article provided above

The BIOS is the first software/firmware to run after turning on the computer. If the BIOS on your computer becomes corrupted, the computer fails to boot to Windows. More info about the BIOS/UEFI can be found here >> https://www.howtogeek.com/56958/htg-explains-how-uefi-will-replace-the-bios/

If you did the other suggestions, try BIOS recovery.

Let me know how it goes 😊

Screenshot_2020-05-21_07-19-09.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.