Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello, HP Forum.

I'm just asking to see, if anyone is sent the correct OS when they order a new PC from HP.  

I was sent the wrong version of Windows then expected to upgrade it myself.  

This seems like awful business, and I can't imagine how much hassle this would be, if I bought say 100 PCs and they're all the wrong OS.  That would be over a full week of work to upgrade them all.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@WrongOS 

I don't know that ANY PCs bought today actually have Windows 11 already installed.

From what I have seen, they all say Windows 11 "ready" -- which means they have Win10 installed now and, as you indicated, the customer will have to do the upgrade.

This is actually what the PC marketers were talking about with the new round of Windows 11 PCs.

If you were told by HP that Windows 11 would be preloaded, and you have something in writing to that effect, then return the PC(s) for a refund -- as in that case, you did not get what you paid for.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

@WAWood 

I opened the business shopping page at the hp store.

After checking several pages worth of entries, I did find one model that comes with Windows 11 Pro.

Interesting. 

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/hp-elite-dragonfly-max-notebook-pc-customizable-2l4h0av-mb

This is a custom order workstation - by the time you could actually get the computer in your hands, Windows 11 will be more common.  That said, it's the only one in the group of about 20 models that I checked in this class that mentions "11 Pro".

What does that mean?

Nothing, of course.

Just wanted to say I agree with your assessment.

There might be a few machines out there - they are not yet a common occurrence.

@WrongOS 

Suggestion:

Contact the vendor, HP or otherwise, and see about returning the computer(s) while the return window is open.

Wait until Windows 11 is more common or find a model (like the beautiful Fury) that will come with what you want.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi@WrongOS, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The only option is to reimage the operating system to factory settings.

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
  2. Click Advanced system settings.
  3. Click the Advanced tab.
  4. In the Startup and Recovery section, click Settings.
  5. Click to clear the Automatically restart check box.

If you've been using the Recovery Partition (F11) to reinstall the OS, I recommend using the Recovery media instead to wipe out the HDD and create a new partition and fresh OS installation: Click here to obtain one, if you don't have on in your possession.

or HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10) Link            

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.