Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp 15 notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
DESPERATE NEED FOR HELP
Received an HP 15 Notebook Pc in February of 2016.
Was researching birthday gifts for the husband last night, and when I come back to do further research, I keep getting a screen that states,
" Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you.
If you'd like to know more, you can search: ntsf_file_system" (or fat_file_system)"

I'very done some research and hear that this is similar to the blue screen of death...
My windows disc that I keep reading that I need was pre-installed on the computer when I got it, AND I have a lot of important files on this computer (ie. Family photos including my sons birth, important work files, etc)

I've never been so stressed out over a computer, before...
I have a project for work on this thing that is due on tuesay and I cannot even make it passet this stupid screen
And when I attempt to call into HP support, they are closed due to the time and the holidy

Is there ANYONE who might be able to help me or provide me with advice?
I can't take it in to a repair shop either because due to holiday... theyre closed. And I hardly have enough money to get by until pay day!

PLEEAAASE help?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK.  You need to follow this:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (04/26/2017)

First try  Step 1. Hard reset.

If that does not work then go to Step 4. and follow instruction for Restore to previous point when Windows 10 or 8 cannot start.

Let me know the result.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

" Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We'll restart for you."

Does it restart? Or is it stuck at the BSOD?

HP Recommended
It restarts and just goes on a constant loop.

1 Restart
2 Automatic repair for 2 seconds,
3 Error message
4 restart
HP Recommended

OK.  You need to follow this:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05336130 (04/26/2017)

First try  Step 1. Hard reset.

If that does not work then go to Step 4. and follow instruction for Restore to previous point when Windows 10 or 8 cannot start.

Let me know the result.

HP Recommended
Thank you for sharing this page with me!
I attempted steps 1 and and 4 as told.
Still did not work.
So I proceeded with a diagnostic test on memory and the hard drive.
Memory passed, but my hard drive diagnostic test failed.
UGH!
HP Recommended

I assume the notebook is still under warranty. Do not use the notebook, shut it down and contact HP support. 

HP Recommended
Thank you so much for your help!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.