Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

When you upgraded my computer to Windows 10, I constantly get flickering on the left side of my screen when I open my computer. And also there is a Runtime Error that pops up also. How to correct this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

YES ITS FREE 

**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

I am an HP employee

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi 

>>try installing the drivers for the graphics card 

>>and also try disabeling the start up items 

>>from  msconfig

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Hi BettyH43,

Are you using a desktop or a notebook? Any chance you could post the model? 

And if you could post the exact error message, that would be helpful.

You might just need to update your video card drivers, with more information I'll be able to provide specifics.

Thanks,
Mike

_______

I work on behalf of HP

**Click the KUDOS thumbs up button to say 'Thanks'**

HP Recommended

This sounds like a graphics issue. Launch HP Support assistant  and run updates, the program will provide a list of updates for you to install on you machine.

If you don’t have HP Support assistant installed on your machine

Go to HP.com to get the latest graphics driver for you product download and install.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

Try changing the resolution once before ging for driver reinstallation or upgrade

HP Recommended

Is this graphics driver free

HP Recommended

YES ITS FREE 

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

What causes the Runtime Error to keep popping up on my screen

HP Recommended

Hi 

please fallow the link 

1. Reset your browser. To do this, follow the steps given below:

• Close all programs;
  • Open Internet Explorer;
  • Click the Tools menu;
  • Select Internet Options from the list;
  • Click the Advanced tab;
  • Click the Reset button;
  • Click the Reset button again on the new window that opens;
  • Close the IE and reboot the computer;

For some users, resetting of the browser to its default settings as above, has helped to fix the runtime error issue. If the error still persists, proceed to the next step.

2. Disable script debugging and error notifications. To do this, follow the following steps:Disable script debugging to fix Runtime Error

• Close all programs and windows;
  • Launch Internet Explorer;
  • Click the Tools menu;
  • Click Internet Options in the drop down menu;
  • Click the Advanced tab on the new window;
  • Scroll down the settings box window until you reach the browsing category;
  • Browse the list and place tick marks in the boxes next to the labels that read ‘Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer)’ and ‘Disable Script Debugging (Other)’;
  • Scroll down and look for the label that reads ‘Display a Notification about every Script Error’ and clear the check mark from the box;
  • Hit the ‘Apply’ button to save the settings;
  • Click OK to close the options window;
  • Close the IE browser and Reboot the computer;

In most cases runtime errors should be resolved by implementing the above two steps. However, in rare cases if none of these steps can fix the errors you may be encountering a more serious problem. It is likely that the errors are within the registry, which is causing the program to malfunction.

I am an HP employee
HP Recommended

the black page on the left flickers when i am working, it comes on and will not go off by clicking, i want to get the old windows back, i am tired of the whole screen flickering, someone help me I am having a nervous breakdown over this crap

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.