Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I too am getting this error and unable to install from the .exe as I have 'a latter version' already installed.

HP Recommended

After Windows 10 (64) installed the latest update a couple of days ago, I have been getting the accelerometerst.exe System Error. It says that "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140.DLL was not found."

I downloaded and installed the latest version of the HP 3D driver from the HP Download site,  (SP71811), but I am still getting the same error message on startup.

I have an HP Envy 15 notebook, model K2T39AV.

PLease advise how to fix this.

Thanks.

Steve

HP Recommended

Same problem, I have an HP Envy 17 Notebook (k250ca) which came with Win 8.1 preinstalled and which I previously upgraded to Win 10 with no issues. But this morning I downloaded and installed the Windows 10 Creators Update and now every time I reboot and log on a dialog box opens that has title "AccelerometerSt.exe - System Error" and message "The code execution cannot proceed because VCRUNTIME140dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem. Does anyone have any advice how to fix? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.