Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-25-2018 08:51 AM - edited 02-25-2018 08:52 AM
Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.
I understand that you are looking for the Advanced Tab in the BIOS.
May I know what is the issue and which settings are you trying to change in the BIOS?
Thank you 🙂
I Am An HP Employee
02-27-2018 06:56 AM
I read the post. thanks for the quick reply. As @KrazyToad is out for the day, I am responding on his behalf. Please load bios defaults and check if it works by performing these steps:
- Please keep tapping the Esc key gently several times as soon as you power on the computer.
- It takes you to the startup menu.
- Then press the F10 key to go the bios.
- Then press F9 load setup defaults and select yes and push “enter.”
- Then press F10 to save changes and exit and restart the computer and check again.
- Besides, as @KrazyToad mentioned the bios is designed for optimal performance and may not have options for modifications as it might damage the product might get damaged if customers change options in it.
For further assistance please contact HP phone support as they will assist you in real time. A one to one interaction with them might help.
HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://hp.care/2moMFSc
(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.
(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.
(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.
(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
They will be happy to assist you immediately.
If the unit is under warranty, the manufacturer’s warranty should take care of it for you.
Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
02-15-2019 06:55 PM
This is really lame. It's MY product. I paid for it. If I want to change advanced settings to my liking I should be able to do it. If it damages the system, so be it, its my fault and no one elses. I have been trying to figure out how to change advance memory settings in my H8-1414 but the "BIOS" that was included is nothing more than a system report and is totally USELESS.
07-16-2019 02:54 AM - edited 07-16-2019 02:56 AM
Totally agree. I bought new gaming laptop without OS, and I have same issue, I absolutely don't know but much much horrible. Maybe somehow you can do it from RWEverything. Changing HEX codes, i mean programming/reflashing your BIOS/CPU Microcodes, but it's way too risky! you need to know where and how... Still i have same locked bios and still couldn't found solution, and having this inhumanly working "new gaming" laptop......
09-18-2019 11:51 AM - edited 09-18-2019 11:54 AM
I regreat of every single hp hardware i ever had. They are all a piece of junk once you have ANY real support and HP makes your hardware fail intensionally and make sure you cant fix it on your own. Shame on us that spent money on this... mabe next time we learn the lesson and go to a Dell or Asus anf get rid of this BS!
You cant even buy a battery or a AC that is not overpriced from them...
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community