Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion ts 11 notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Fkeys work nothing else, tried everything, notebook is as new, suggestions please or ideas to get it working, have valid win/office product keys but not for 8.1.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@ppdn_luke 

Sorry, but I don't clearly understand what is wrong.

You need to tell us the precise state of the PC -- which is working, what is not, and what happens when things do not work.

Also, don't understand what you mean about keys.  If you lost MS Office and that came preinstalled, we can't help with that.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

I press power key, and get "Checking media" FAIL-

Then I get a blue box, "selected boot image did not authenticate", press enter to continue" and it shuts down.

f2, f9,f10 reveal certain information

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.