Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am having an application error message continuously pop up. It reads 'Ceip.exe - application error. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close the application'. Every time I close it it pops back up again. I purchased the laptop at the end of November 2020. It took a month to be delivered. The first time HP opened a service case and I spent hours on the phone but to no avail. While following up on the original case it was determined that I needed a system reboot and they sent out a flash drive for me to do so. Upon receipt of the drive I called HP again and they walked me through what to do. It solved the problem for about one week. I called them again but they couldn't review or start a new case number as their system was down. So I rebooted while the rep was on the phone. The problem went away for about one week but it is now back again. They are saying they will send a box so I can send it to a service center and to expect it to be there for 2-3 weeks. The problem is my office is closed and I won't have a computer to work with for that long. Any ideas? Can I send this back to HP to get a credit and go buy another laptop? thanks for your suggestions.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@wtbailey1 

Please try the following way to remove it

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-opt-out-customer-experience-improvement-program-windows-10

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thank you for the help. for the first option on step two windows cannot find 'gpedit.msc. for the second option on step three the option 'SQMClient does not show up so i cannot click on it. Any ideas? and thank you again. bill

HP Recommended

I am having the exactly the same issue and error code to you and also got my laptop only a few weeks ago. i have also tried what the person suggested, but also cannot find what they said on my laptop so cannot opt out of Windows experience thing from that.

any solutions, how are you getting with HP helping?

many thanks

KT

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.