12 7 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

bios administrator password

HP Recommended
EliteBook 820 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have just bought this used laptop, as my Envy is too large to carry about.  I need to access the bios, but do not have the password.  I thought about disconnecting the cmos battery, but read somewhere that won't work.

Any help would be gratefully received.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 4
Level 4
70 70 6 19
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Please contact HP technical support at 866 625 1175 ( for elitebooks) (north America)

They will require the UUID and serial number from the F1 screen and will be sending a file to reset the BIOS password

Or you could also start a chat session using the below link

chat at www.hp.com/go/ispe

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

Techtoday

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
12 7 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Many thanks,  did as you suggest, and now able to configure bios to my every whim!

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation