Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
X7S47UA#ABA

I NEED HELP....... anyway my kids got a hold to my laptop and did something to it,when I push the power button  on a black screen pops up say "BOOT DEVICE NOT FOUND PLEASE INSTALL AN OPERATING SYSTEM ON YOUR HARD DISK". Can somebody please tell a way to fix this issue...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Stream 14-ax020wm is the model. Tap esc and then F2 as you power up and enter component tests...run the full test on the primary hard drive. 

The message you see usually occurs when there is a problem with the hard drive. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Stream 14-ax020wm is the model. Tap esc and then F2 as you power up and enter component tests...run the full test on the primary hard drive. 

The message you see usually occurs when there is a problem with the hard drive. 

HP Recommended
when I tap esc then f2 it brings me to hp pc hardware diagnostics uefi.....then it says BIOS is version 1.17.0.0......memory test storage test language exit. how do i go about to fix this
HP Recommended

Run the storage test and report results. 

HP Recommended

it says storage extensive test Passed

HP Recommended
also memory quick check PASSED
HP Recommended
Then the problem is software only and you are going to have to reinstall Windows. That is a challenge on your machine with only a 32 gig eMMC disk. You will need to have HP send a restore disk.
HP Recommended
yea I was afraid of that i talked to hp like a week ago and that's what they said $50 for a reboot usb flash drive I was tryin to go about it a lil cheaper......could i possibly download WINDOWS 8.1 my self off another laptop????
HP Recommended

My devise shows the test is not available

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire: 
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.