Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv7-2030ev
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I was trying to flash a BIOS update in my machine when the procedure suddrenky stopped.I waites for 10 minutes and nothing happened, then the power in my hime went down and the laptoo shut down.Now it doesn't ooen properly,i can't access the bios at all and the laptop has a black screen with 1 long and 2 short beeps and 3 blinks of Caps and Num lock.Is there anything i can do to restore the previous BIOS?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi.

I have a same problem with my ProBook 450 G3.

BIOS recovery not work at all (Did you tried it???).

If you know what solder is and know how to use it:

Open your laptop and take your motherboard out. Find motherboard model (something like DA0X63MB6H1 Rev. H).

Go to eBay and use search by motherboard name and/or model name something like 'bios ProBook 450 G3' or 'bios DA0X63MB6H1', try different combinations.

You'll find BIOS chip for your model. If not, write to seller, 99% he/she have your version also. When you'll receive it, you need to change broken chip by new one. PROFIT!

Or go to Service Center if you can't do that itself.

Best wishes,

IT-Velho

HP Recommended

BIOS recovery with Windows key+B doesn't work.Is it possible to flash it using a usb drive?

HP Recommended

NO.

You can't flash it using USB drive(also DVD), if BIOS recovery doesn't work.

Solution is in my first post.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.