Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

can I upgrade J4C05AV hp 15t-r100 to windows 11 operating system?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You would first have to take the free upgrade to W10.

Your notebook should be running W81. 64 bit, but you posted you are running W8.1 32 bit.

W11 does not support 32 bit operating systems.

To upgrade to W10, click on blue Update Now button at the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

Your notebook's processor is not supported to get the immediate W11 upgrade from Windows update.

If you are interested in installing W11, you would have to use one of the W11 hardware check bypass methods to upgrade to W11.

I found this one to be the easiest way to do that, having upgraded 11 different unsupported Dell and HP desktop and notebook PC's to W11.

https://dongknows.com/steps-for-windows-11-upgrade-on-unsupported-hardware/

Before trying to upgrade to W11, I recommend that you make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.