Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I have been having some issues with my laptop. I was trying to do a system restore to recover an astrology program that would not open anymore. The software company told me to simply restore my system to a previous date when it was working. When I got in there and tried to do it it only had one previous date which was 2 days ago. But the program I was trying to recover actually stopped working like 5 days ago. Anyway I went ahead and did the system restore to two days ago cuz I couldn't see any other options. I was hoping to be able to just choose a date in the past. Anyhow after I did that my computer was not working very well and was freezing up. So I went back in and tried to undo the system restore that I had just done. Now I'm just sitting here waiting to see if my laptop will open up again LOL. Is there anybody out there that could help walk me through this process? Is there a way to set a date in the past to restore the settings without losing any of the applications or data? Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

If there are no other dates showing that means there are no restore points from another day. Normally when a program is not working well an uninstall and reinstall is the preferred process. I have seen more programs messed up than fixed doing a system restore.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.