Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G2
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hallo,

I'll try to describe....

I've installed a new Samsung EVO 850 SSD into a new ProDesk 600. I've set all  BIOS-Options to "lagecy-boot" and AHCI-mode and installed a new Win7. So far everything is fine. System is up and running with no problem.

Now I've tried to clone this device to an exactly same new 250 GB Samsung SSD; with several programms: the Samsung Copy Software wich was delivered with the SSD; Windows Recovery System, Veeam Backup and Clonezilla -  all prozesses with no error.

Everytime the same result. System booted with Bluescreen 0x0.....7B;  F8-Options the same. The Windows-RE-repair is not successfull.

Please keep in mind, the original system is running and there are no changes, just inserting the cloned disk to the same port in the same machine.

The aquivalent cloning on an older HP System works fine, but these ProDesk's won't work.

Any idea is very appreciated

Sorry - actually the ProDesk's are no notebooks, so I've placed the question at the right forum.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Old_Man5

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I don't know why your cloning operations have not worked, but I always use a different third-party app to do this and have never had it fail on me.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
2) Connect the new drive to the PC using a USB-to-Hard-Drive drive adapter (like the one illustrated below)
3) Follow the instructions in this link: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Cloning+a+disk
4) Shutdown the PC when done
5) Swap the drives and reboot the PC.

USB-Drive-Adapter.jpg

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Old_Man5

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

I don't know why your cloning operations have not worked, but I always use a different third-party app to do this and have never had it fail on me.

What I recommend is the following:
1) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
2) Connect the new drive to the PC using a USB-to-Hard-Drive drive adapter (like the one illustrated below)
3) Follow the instructions in this link: http://knowledgebase.macrium.com/display/KNOW/Cloning+a+disk
4) Shutdown the PC when done
5) Swap the drives and reboot the PC.

USB-Drive-Adapter.jpg

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi,  thx for quick answer.

I' ll try your solution tomorrw and let you know the results.

HP Recommended

I've done it with the free trail version of Macrium Reflect  and it worked. The cloned system is runnig with no error.

Now I have to prove  it as  a stable solution for all  (old) HP-systems, but it seems that I'll have some chilly weeks of cloning computers .......

HP Recommended

Hi!

This method helped a lot! Its Working now! I tried with free easeus todo, but it didnt boot.

Many thanks! 😉

Regards,

Miki

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.