Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chromebook x360
Chrome OS

I have a Chromebook x360 model 11-ae027nr. The device was last used in June for school work and then was not charged for a few months. When we tried to use it again at the end of August we cannot get it to turn on. If it is not connected to a power supply it does nothing. When connected to a power supply the amber light appears indicating it is charging. When the power button is pressed the white light flashes and the screen will flash black. I have already tried a hard reset and that did not change anything. I was going to attempt a system recovery. I downloaded the recovery utility on a different device but the utility does not recognize the model number for my chromebook. Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@katcrocker

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Use the steps in this document to troubleshoot when your HP Chromebook does not have power or is not charging. If the operating system is not loading, go to Chromebook Operating System Does Not Load.

NOTE: If the battery charging icon is missing from the status area, skip to the last step, Perform a hard reset.

Step 1: Perform a visual inspection

Check for damage to the charging port or for signs of oxidation. Check for a crack in the display or other signs of physical damage to the laptop.

• The Chromebook is damaged: Contact HP to replace the damaged part or unit. To check the warranty of your laptop, go to HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check.

• The Chromebook is not damaged: Proceed to the next step.

Step 2: Verify power to the computer

Ensure the computer is connected to working power.

1. Plug in the AC adapter to a functioning wall outlet.

2. Connect the power to the computer.

3. Check for lights illuminated on the computer or on the AC adapter.

• No lights are illuminated: Try another HP approved AC adapter.

• If the lights illuminate using another AC adapter, proceed to the next step.

A hard reset does not remove any local files or settings.

1. Press the power button  and refresh button  for five seconds. The computer turns off, and then turns on again.

2. If necessary, press power button again to turn on the laptop.

If a hard reset does not resolve the issue, contact HP support to replace the damaged part or computer. To check the warranty of your laptop, go to HP Customer Support - Product Warranty Check.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help. The chromebook does not have any damage that I can see and the lights come on when it is connected to the charger. I have tried the hard reset a few times and nothing changes. When I try to turn on the power all that happens is the screen flashes black.

HP Recommended

@katcrocker

Thank you for posting back.

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I charged my chromebook and I went to turn it on and it still doesn't boot. I used my charger in my daughter's chromebook provided by the school and it charges hers. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.